- Advertisement -
22. Race Car Track Cake by Thelma Briones-Pena of Sweets for Gifts
“I made this cake almost 4 years ago for my son’s eight birthday. He was a big fan of Disney movie “Cars”. And he asked me to make a “Race Car Track cake” and he said that everything should be edible, including the mini cars!! Oh! My! I asked myself, “can I really do that?” I was just starting my cake decorating hobby by then. But, i need to , because I don’t want to turn down his request. So, i started searching the internet few weeks before his birthday. Trying to look for some race car track tutorial and a mini lightning Mqueen cake molder. Yes i found cake tutorial and followed it diligently. But the mini car cake molder??? None!! Yes i found one online but no longer available!! So, i decided to make my own version of lightning mcqueen cake! I placed the toy cars beside me and started copying them. I curved, iced and covered them with fondant and finally put the small details. And viola!!! I made them! “Lightning Mcqueen and Dinoco”! It took me about 5 days to finish this. What made this cake fantastic?
- The mere fact that i was just starting in cake decorating using fondant (about 2 months only), for me that’s an accomplishment! And isn’t that fantastic?!
- This was a dream cake of my son and i was able to fulfill it, and that’s, for me is fantastic!
- This is a result of my perseverance, cleverness, dedication to my passion, together with the love i have for my son!
- This is the fantastic creation I’ve done with the special gift of skills God had given me. And I guess that super-FANTASTIC! ” – Thelma Briones-Pena
support this cake by clicking the like button below (pls wait for the button to load)